Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is qualitative impairment in social cooperation together with repetitive, restricted, and stereotyped behaviors/interests. ASD is estimated to occur in more than 1% of children.
ABIDE (The Autism Brain Imaging Data Exchange) contains more than 1000 datasets from individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder and typical controls.
It includes resting state functional magnetic resonance imaging (rs-fMRI) data, phenotypic data, in addition to anatomical datasets collected from 17 international sites including Stanford University, KU Lueven, NYU, and UCLA.
The phenotypic data consists of 73 fields such as gender, handedness, Diagnostic group and so on. The age range of participants is 7 to 64 years.
1046 subjects are collected from the latest database of ABIDE. (510 from individuals with ASD and 536 from typical controls)
T1 and rs-fMRI images are provided.
73 fields of metadata are provided. Some of them are listed here.
- Diagnostic Group (Autism or Control)
- DSM-IV-TR Diagnostic Category (Control, Autism, Aspergers, PDD-NOS, Aspergers or PDD-NOS)
- Age at time of scan in years
- Subject Gender
- Subject Handedness Category
- Subject Handedness Scores
- FIQ, VIQ and PIQ Standard Score
- IQ Test administered for Full Scale IQ, Verbal IQ and Performance IQ
- Reciprocal Social Interaction Subscore (A) Total for Autism Diagnostic Interview-Revised
- Classic Total ADOS Score (Communication subscore + social interaction subscore)
You are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
Under the following terms:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
- No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
Di Martino, A., Yan, C. G., Li, Q., Denio, E., Castellanos, F. X., Alaerts, K., Anderson, J. S., Assaf, M., Bookheimer, S. Y., Dapretto, M., Deen, B., Delmonte, S., Dinstein, I., Ertl-Wagner, B., Fair, D. A., Gallagher, L., Kennedy, D. P., Keown, C. L., Keysers, C., Lainhart, J. E., Lord, C., Luna, B., Menon, V., Minshew, N. J., Monk, C. S., Mueller, S., Müller, R. A., Nebel, M. B., Nigg, J. T., O'Hearn, K., Pelphrey, K. A., Peltier, S. J., Rudie, J. D., Sunaert, S., Thioux, M., Tyszka, J. M., Uddin, L. Q., Verhoeven, J. S., Wenderoth, N., Wiggins, J. L., Mostofsky, S. H., & Milham, M. P.
The autism brain imaging data exchange: towards a large-scale evaluation of the intrinsic brain architecture in autism.
Mol Psychiatry. 2014 Jun;19(6):659-67. doi: 10.1038/mp.2013.78. Epub 2013 Jun 18.